A week ago we covered an article about 10 most expensive Kit Suppliers deal where Manchester United’s new adidas deal was by far the most expensive at a staggering £75 million a year for the next 10 years making it a grand total of £750 million making it not only in football but in overall sports the most expensive kit suppliers deal. But clubs also sell shirt sponsorship where companies can put their logo on the clubs shirt and pay an yearly fee so today we take a look at 10 of the most expensive shirt sponsorship deal in football.
- Manchester United kick started their 7 year deal with american car brand Chevrolet at the start of 2014-15 and this agreement will bring in massive £53 million a year for Manchester United along with £75million kit deal with adidas. No wonder even without Champions League football United are able to buy big name players.
- Arsenal‘s Fly Emirates deal is worth £30m a year which they signed last year, it will bring in £150 million for arsenal in the next 5 years.
- FC Barcelona signed shirt sponsorship with Qatar Sports Investment agency on july 2011 which will rack in €30 million (£26m) a year for next 5 years including a £12 million extra in the first year for commercial rights making it a grand total of €170m euros.
- Bayern Munich extended their previous 10 year deal with german telecom company “Deutsche Telekom” for further 4 years at increased yearly incentives at £25 million a year
- Real Madrid ditched longterm sponsor Bwin to sign a lucrative shirt sponsorship deal with Fly Emirates which is worth a good £20m a year.
|1||Manchester United||Chevrolet||£53m||7 years (2015-21)|
|2||Chelsea (New)||Yokohama||£40m||5 years (2015-20)|
|3||Arsenal||Fly Emirates||£30m||5 years (2014-19)|
|4||FC Barcelona||Qatar Airways||£27m||5 years (2011-16)|
|5||Bayern Munich||Deutsche Telekom||£25m||4 years (2014-17)|
|6||Real Madrid||Fly Emirates||£20m||5 years (2014-18)|
|7||Liverpool||Standard Charted||£20m||5 years (2010-16)|
|8||Chelsea||Samsung||£18m||10 years (2005-15)|
|9||Tottenham||AIA||£16m||4 years (2014-17)|
|10||Man City||Etihad||£7.5m||10 year (2011-21)|