Most of the WWE wrestlers in the roster has long term contracts with with the company depending on the experience and potential it can be anywhere from minimum 1 year to 10 year period. With the professional contract wrestlers get basic yearly salary plus bonuses and traveling allowances. According to WWE the average wrestler on the roster makes between $500,000 to $1 million a year in basic salary. We take a look at WWE’s current contract and how much each wrestler makes in 2017.
How Much WWE Executives Makes In A Year ?
Looking at the leaked information here is how the pay scale works in the excutives of WWE, starting from Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon to other executives.
- Paul “Triple H” Levesque (vise president live events, talent) – $1.1 million (basic salary) + $1.65 million in yearly talent contract and of course his WWE ring & match appearance making him highest paid WWE executive.
- Vince McMahon ( CEO ) Salary In 2016 – $2.4 million (highest paid
- George Barrios (Financial and Strategic Officer) – $800,000
- Kevin Dunn (Producer) – $800,000
- Michael Luisi (WWE Studios President ) – $700,000
Before we get into the yearly figures lets take a look what a professional contract of a Wrestler with WWE looks like. The contract include atleast 13 different clauses which are as follow.
- Booking (Wrestler granting right to book him/her for events for which WWE can sell tickets and TV rights. Wrestler also grand permission to WWE to negotiate on their behalf for merchandising, publishing, endorsements and personal appearances etc. )
- Works (WWE has the right to film/photograhp any event involving contracted wrestlers. Since the contract is based on “Works for hire” WWE owns rights from events which include anything from incidents, dialogues, routines, any special moves, ideas or gags.
- Intellectual Property (WWE are holds exclusive rights to wrestlers likeness, name, personality, contume, genstures and what not)
- Exclusivity (Long list of clauses here but mainly focus on stuff like all rights granted to WWE are exclusive to the company otherwise stated)
- Term and Territory (pretty straight forward this one, contains stuff like length of wrestler’s contract with WWE can range from 1 year to 10 year. Territory is usually “Worldwide”)
- Payments and Royalties (A very complex payment structure covers basic salary plus any bonuses. WWE state that average wrestler in main roster makes around $500,000 a year)
- Promoters Obligations
- Wrestlers Obligations (to make things clear, wrestlers obligation clauses are three times more than the promoters)
- Early Termination
WWE Wrestler Contract & Basic Salary + Bonuses:
Every wrestler who signs up for WWE gets a professional contract with the company stating number of years, basic salary plus bonuses and some other clauses concerning factors like release, retirement, injury layouts and what not. The basic yearly salary is the downside guarantee payments. While the bonuses and royalties comes from PPV/merchandise sales share. WWE confirmed that every wrestler on the main roster makes guaranteed $500,000 a year while some top names rack in much more than that.
Incomes From PPV Events:
Some bigger names like John Cena etc enjoy PPV revenue share with the company and they make alot of money than the other stars in the roster. The PPV income figures are impossible to know because WWE never disclose this information. So we will only be taking a look at how WWE compensate their stars in basic salary and other clauses.
Highest Paid Wrestlers:
John Cena is the undisputed star in WWE at the moment who can be seen week after week in the ring, he makes around $3.5 million a year plus portion of merchandise sales and PPV revenue share. He also enjoy off the ring payments from different sources. Brock Lesnar is another wrestler who returned to WWE in 2014 and makes around $3 to $5 million a year.
|STAR||ANNUAL SALARY||Bonuses & Royalties||Contract|
|7% bonus for high merchandise sales, only appears on selected WWE Dates||3 Year (Part Time)|
|John Cena||$2.75 Million||7% on merchandise sales, plus hafty PPV revenue share make his actual earnings way more||7 year deal signed in 2015|
|Tripple H||$2,12 million||Also acts as WWE executive and talent contract.||Unique 20 Year deal|
|Brock Lesner||$3 Million||3.25% bonus for high merchandise sales, Free Travel, PPV revenue share||(3 Years) Contract extension signed in 2016|
|Undertaker||$1.75 Million||7% bonus for high merchandise sales, Travel & Accommodation, PPV revenue share if featured on a main event||5 Years (Part-Time)|
|Randy Orton||$1,6 million||% Merchandise sales, travel and accommodation, PPV share||5 Years|
|Sheamus||$1.3 million||travel & accommodation||5 Years|
|Big Show||$1.2 million||Personal tour bus from WWE||3 Years|
|Dolph Ziggler||$900,000||Travel & Accommodation||3 Year|
|Ray Mysterio||$985,00||4% bonus for high merchandise sales, travel & Accommodation||5 Years|
|Danial Bryan||$700,000||5 Years|
|Mark Henry||$877,000||3 Years|
|Titus O’Niel||$335,050||2 Years|
|Seth Rollins||$310,500||3 Years|
|Roman Reigns||$245,000||2 Years|
|Chris Jericho||$974,000||2 Years|
|Sin Cara||$245,000||2 Years|
|Adam Rose||$165,000||2 Years|
|Bo Dallas||$165,000||2 Years|
|Big E||$145,000||2 Years|
|Bad News Barrett||$445,000||3 Years|
|Bray Wyatt||$254,200||3 Years|
|Bryan Saxton||$170,000||3 Years|
|Curtis Axel||$75,000||2 Years|
|Damien Mizdow||$100,000||2 Years|
|Heath Slater||Starting Package|
|Justin Gabriel||Starting Package|
|Luke Harper||Starting Package|
|Xavier Woods||Starting Package|
|Zack Ryder||$535,050||3 year|
Most of the female wrestlers have short term contracts usually “rolling contracts” which automatically renew every year unless one of the party decides otherwise. Female wrestlers earn less than male counter parts due to far less appearances. But they do have bonuses and other royalties.
|STAR||ANNUAL SALARY||Bonuses & Royalties||Contract|
|Bayley||$200,000||3 year contract (full time)|
|Charlotte Flair||$300,000||3 Year contract (Full-time)|
|Alicia Fox||$90,000||1 Year (automatic renewal)|
|Dana Brooke||$90,500||1 Year (Roling contract)|
|Emma||$75,500||1 Year (Roling contract)|
|Nia Jax||$109,475||1 Year (Roling contract)|
|Paige||$86,450||1 Year (Roling contract)|
|Sasha Banks||1 Year (Roling contract)|
|Summer Rae||$120,500||1 Year (Roling contract)|