Wladimir Klitschko will take on Anthony Joshua on Saturday, 29th April 2017 at the sold out Wembley stadium. Its a massive fight and regarded as the biggest in british boxing history. As we get closer to the fight good news keep rolling in for both camps as it was revealed that ticket sales for this fight has broken the previous record of 80,000 set by Groves-Froch II. Joshua-Klitschko has already sold over 80,000 and authorities has requested the capacity to increase another 5,000.
SkySports will be broadcasting the fight live in the UK via PPV and they are set to charge highest ever PPV rate of around £20. Sky authorities are confident of breaking British PPV record with this fight. Combination if highest ever gate and PPV numbers will ultimately spike the fight’s overall revenue which is expected to be around £40 to £45 million majority of which will go to fighters purse.
Joshua vs Klitschko Purse Payouts: Apparently, Joshua and Klitschko will share the £30 million slice with 55% going to Joshua and Klitschko taking home the rest 45%. This will be the biggest purse in Joshua’s career so far who previous best was around £3 million from Dillian Whyte fight. So how much exactly, Joshua can make from this fight ?
Joshua’s most recent fight against Eric Molina drew just under 400,000 PPV buys in the UK and Joshua pocketed around £2 million from that fight. His career best was against Whyte when he earned around £3 million just from PPV share. His fight against Dominic Breazel also earned him around £2 million. Now he has a multil-fight deal with US broadcaster Showtime and also the tier-based PPV contract with home broadcaster SkySports.
He also has several high profile endorsement deals with Beats, Lucozade and UnderArmour. Eddie Hearns confirmed in december while annoucing Klitschko fight that Joshua has earned between £13 to £15 million so far in his career. And he can expect to double that just from his next mega fight.
|Anthony Joshua||Joshua is all set to clear guaranteed £15 million from this fight as long as PPV numbers go as expected. He will add another £1m to £2m from sponsorship deals.|
|Wladimir Klitschko||Klitschko will also expected to clear around £15 million from this fight. He also have multi-fight contract with German and Russian broadcasters and his own sponsorship deals.|