Its been a couple of months since EA Sports FIFA 15 was released, although the big money spinner game mode in FIFA is “ultimate team” but my personal favourite is online seasons mode where you just pick a team and try to climb through divisions and reach the all important div1. So lets just take a minute and discuss what “seasons” mode is all about.
FIFA 15 Online “Seasons” Explained:
Every player start in division 10 and you have to climb your way to the top. One single season consist of 10 matches from which you have to win certain points to get promoted and if you fail to achieve the minimum you get relegated into lower division. So higher you move into division harder it get to win matches as you come up against players with quality gameplay.
You can choose any team for every match of the season, If you choose a 5 star team you are likely to come up against another 5 star team (Real Madrid most of the times). If you choose a low star team you are likely to come up against similar rated team. The ultimate point of this mode is to win the division 1 title, which is extremely hard thing to do. Once you are in division 1 you will have to secure 22 points to win the div 1 title which means you can only afford to lose two matches out 10 and the quality of opposition is extremely high. So here are few tips on how you can win div 1 title.
FIFA 15 Seasons – How to win Division 1:
First thing first you need to figure out what kind of gameplay suits your the best. If you are passer you need to pick teams which has better midfield players. If you more of a skiller you need a team with couple of good wingers and strikers. So choosing a team based on your kind of gameplay is very important.
So we start our first part of FIFA 15 seasons guide with some attacking & defending gameplay tips. which will help you get a bit better at the game.
FIFA 15 Building Attacks:
You will come up against all sorts of players in fifa 15 seasons, some are skillers and they dont really care about winning, some are ronaldo & through ball bullies and than there are good players who are versatile and very good at the game hardly miss any chances. So you need to understand your opposition gameplay as soon as possible during the match, it will give you edge and at the same time try to make your gameplay unpredictable.
- Keeping the ball is very important in FIFA, more possession you have more chances you will get to score and in the meantime your opponent will have less chances.
- dont try to force your passes, if you can see no forward pass is available move to ball back, pass it sideways. that way you will keep the ball and your opponent will come chasing the ball giving your options to pass forward.
- try to use the strengths of the team you are using, for example if you are playing with Barcelona, try to keep the ball as much as its possible and dont always look for the forward ball. You can also mix up play by making your own custom tactice to short passing, high pressure and counter attacking strategies.
- Dont become the throughball/lofted ball bully, because it will give your success against weaker players but as soon as you will come up against better players you will get hammered.
- If you are struggling to cope with Real Madrid in FIFA 15 seasons, try to play with 5-3-2 formation or use 4-5-1 and play with the teams like Chelsea or Bayern Munich. Real Madrid are over powered in FIFA 15 so to counter them you need well balanced teams and I find Chelsea and Bayern Munich probabaly the most balanced squads in the game if we talk about attack and defence wise.
- Some players have the habit of making every pass with “LT”, which is a suicide as your team will lose the shape and you will find 8 of your players in opposing half and once you lose the ball you will get countered with pace and power. So avoid doing passing holding “LT”. Only use one-two passing when your in and around the opposition box.
Shooting and Finishing Tips:
- I have noticed finishing in FIFA 15 to be alot harder than FIFA 14 and FIFA 13. The part of the reason being new animations for goalkeepers and strikers. You need to make use of the angles and shooting options when decided to finish of a move.
- For example in FIFA 14 “finesse shoot” are very effective. But remember doing finesse shoot from distance won’t get you goals, this shooting style is for one on one with keepers.
- When you are one on one, dont just keep running in the straight towards middle of goal, try to put him on angles. For example Eden Hazard is through on goal and has space try to use his right footed finish so you need to turn him slightly towards right and use finesse shoot and vice versa for a left footed player.
- I have found that shooting just before keeper is going to commit is the best way to score in one on one situations. Generaly you would like to shoot when you have some space in front of you, the angle is right and you have a decent player on the ball.
- FIFA 15 seems to have a bigger goal and I found near post finishing very effective as well. sometime its not easy to give your player far post angle before finishing because there is a defender closing down or you will get to close to keeper, in those kind of situations its best to hold down LB and shoot at near post.
FIFA 15 Seasons Defending Tips:
Here are a few ways which you can use to counter the real madrid and lofted ball bullying in fifa15 and generally get better at defending part of the game.
- defending in FIFA is bit more difficult than the previous versions. Plus everyone is playing with Real madrid and using Ronaldo, Bales pace to exploit slow defense of other teams. So here are couple of suggestion in that regard.
- Set switching player option or “air balls”, in that way you will have complete control on which player you want to switch too (only when ball is in the air computer will switch you automatically where the ball is heading).
- Try to not take defenders (centre backs specially) out of their positions, instead use central midfielders to close down the gaps in between midfield and defense.
- When you lose the ball in opposition half try to bring your midfielders close to defenders and dont bring defenders further up the pitch in an attempt to get the ball.
- When defending dont rush towards the ball all the time, instead use either “contain” or “player jockey” and you mark the players where the next pass might go.
- To cope with Real Madrid through balls you can set your back line to organized in strategy options and also try playing with 5 at the back.
Here is very good tutorial for new to average fifa player.