Its been almost two months since FIFA 15 been released while its competition Konami’s PES 2015 is released this week and this is about time we take a look at both games and compare them in all departments like graphics, ball physics and most importantly gameplay.
So we are going to start this comparison with take a look at graphics and gameplay improvements both games has to offer this year and later we will see some other stuff like physics, ball movements and online play.
FIFA 15 vs PES 15 – GAMEPLAY:
Animation & physics:
We have entered the next generation era in both of these soccer games and animations has developed in both variety and realism. In fifa 15 there is more fluid movement and thats because they have added alot more (for example goalkeepers got a complete overhaul with 50 new animations for keepers only).
In PES 2015 players are more recognizable than ever on the pitch which was made possible after faithful reproduction of their style. Messi feels like messi while even the second tier stars like Hamsik has their own style of play in PES.
The physics in FIFA 15 is continue to surprise us year after year, trajectories of shots and through balls are very natural and tackles has improved alot while PES 2015 has remarkable improvements in all game physics specially in player contact but there is still work to be done in the ball physics in PES 2015.
PES 2015 has done a great job in recreating style of play when it comes to bigger teams, Barcelona for example do alot of short passes when they are in control of AI and Real Madrid tend to catch teams on lightning fast counter attacks with Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema upfront.
FIFA 15 has introduced alot of player reactions in the game and how players react to different situations. Now AI controlled teams make strategic changes during the game according to the way match is going. Players react differently in fifa if they are making alot of mistakes for example.
FIFA 15 vs PES 15 – GRAPHICS:
Both games are are using the next gen consoles capacity to present crisp and realistic graphics, FIFA 15 has reached a new level of football game presentations with animated crowd and sub bench reactions throughout the match plus some realistic player faces and 20 premier league stadiums which are created exactly like they are in real life.
PES graphics has always been top notch but in the recent few years FIFA has kind of overtake them in almost all departments. But some of the player faces in PES 2015 are absolutely superb, just take a look at the following example of Neymar face in both FIFA and PES.
Matchday Experience & Stadium:
This is one aspect where PES has dominated FIFA for years, the greatly defined banners and crowd in PES stadiums make it feel like you really are a playing a match in a stadium. In 2015 its no different, you will get carefully designed teams supporters colours and banners in home and away games and there are other great details like ball boys, sub bench etc.
FIFA 15 however has kind of caught up with PES in this aspect as well, the next FIFA 15 offers animated crowd and all 20 premier league stadiums and crowds really brings in great feel to the game.
FIFA 15 vs PES 15 – MATCH PRESENTATION, CELEBRATIONS & REPLAYS:
EA Sports has always worked in great details when it comes to presenting the game game while Konami has been suffering from lack of innovation as far as the game presentation is concerned. The menu’s in FIFA 15 looks crisp and sharp while in game presentation like commentary, and SkySports like coverage is pretty awesome.
FIFA introduced a new goal celebration system like couple of years ago where player can decide what kind of celebrations he wants after scoring goals, it can be done using combination of buttons. You can do several dance moves, slide on your knees or even pull up a Cavani gun celebration. In PES however celebrations are pre defined and automatic but that does not mean they are not good. When you score a goal with Bale in PES he will run to the corner flag making his trademark heart sign while Ribery will approach the corner flag and grab it with both hands and shout while shows how much work Konami has put in and many big name players celebrations and movements.
NEW IMPROVEMENTS & FEATURES IN FIFA 15 ?
- FIFA 15 comes with many official licensed clubs and national teams, 20 premier league teams and stadiums brings in a new game experience in career mode.
- More than 200 premier league player faces has been produced after scanning each and every 20 premier league club players which is another hallmark of fifa 15.
- Official premier league coverage of SkySports and BT Sports has been included in the game plus many other small tweeks including goal line technology, new player reactions, 50 new goalkeeper animations, ball boys, animated crowd and real life chants of big clubs from around the world.
- With new game engine, FIFA 15 put the player in great control over the movement of players and your can pull up signature moves of some of the best players in the world.
WHATS NEW IN PES 2015 ?
- New shooting system and greater control over precision and power on shoots (both long and close range)
- Incredible new ball physics and ball movements specially on throughballs, you can pull up a Xavi or Piro like throughball or do a Gerrard long ball.
- More control over player movement, now you can make the players run, walk or jog and use the quick turn of pace to beat your marker with incredible precision and control.
- In gameplay graphics has been enhanced using fox engine and there are more than 30 player models plus some great players has their unique style of play.
Now the Million-Dollar Questions. Which is a Better Game ?
I have played FIFA for more than 2 months now and most of the time I have been playing online matches. FIFA 15 looks great, player movement and new animations really helped to enhance the gameplay experience but still there are things which makes FIFA 15 annoying, specially while playing online. It looks very easy to beat whole defence with the likes of Ronalo, Reus, Messi and Bale etc. The defensing system needs a bit of work but all in all FIFA 15 is pretty awesome.
PES 2015 on the other hand has improved alot since last year, the gameplay looks great and I have played the demo and I can easily say that PES is a proper footy game for the hardcore PES and football fans. PES falls behind FIFA in game presentation and all the fancy stuff like official licensed teams, kits and stadiums but it is as good as FIFA 15 (if not better) in terms of gameplay.